
When Tim Holtz's latest paper stash came out, I of course had to have it.
I love all things Tim.
You know, in case you hadn't noticed that around here. ;-)
So I am now in possession of the Kraft Resist paper stash. It's quite lovely, but I haven't yet decided just what it is I'm supposed to do with it.
Therefore...this card is the result of my experimenting.
I used more of that funky drywall tape, this time as a stencil for the background. Then I cut a section of the Kraft Resist and covered it with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I rubbed off the excess stain, which caused the paper to pill.
(Is that the right word? You know, when little bits of paper come off and form little balls.)
Soooo, I adhered it just to be done with it. And I added a sentiment that I stamped with more Distress Stain.
I spent some time in East Germany (many many years ago) and in East Berlin they had this huge tower thing they called Big Brother. Rumor was the East German government constructed it so they could listen to any conversation anywhere in the city. The image on this paper reminds me of that huge communications tower. Weird, eh?
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Tim Holtz (Kraft Resist paper stash)
Stamp: Stampabilities
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Vintage Photo)
ETC: Drywall tape; Glue Glider Pro
It's supposed to be 101 degrees here today. (For those of you on the Celsius scale, that falls into the "Too Hot To Breathe" range.) I got all my outdoor work done this morning and now I feel like I need a nap. :-0
~Cynthia ;-)
2 comments:
the tape makes a great stencil--i really love that look! very cool card, cynthia:)
Hi Cynthia
Great look Cynthia .. .. it is so lovely to have new things to play and experiment with isn't it.
I too am loving kraft at the moment.
Phew!! That sounds hot!!
You will soon be able to take your winter jumper off now then?!?!!?!?
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment