Sunday, August 14, 2011

Red, White and...Aqua??

Red, White and...Aqua?? by HikerCynthia
Red, White and...Aqua??, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

** Once again, apologies for the horrible picture. We're under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch and the sun is all hit-and-miss, so excuse the stupid shadows! :-) **


Yes, red, white and AQUA! That's the next challenge on Shimelle's list...use those three colors in your layout.

Honestly, I thought I was going to have to skip this one. I KNEW I had no aqua anything. But when I checked the Blue Shelf of Paper...lo and behold....SIX SHEETS OF AQUA PAPER.

Whoa.

WHERE did THOSE come from???

No matter.

I used the darn things. Yes I did.

So here is quite possibly the fastest-made page so far. Aqua cardstock and some designer paper. A few stickers, buttons, banners and a tag.

Cut. Cut. Paste. Paste. Done. And done.

Yay.



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red, white and AQUA! cardstock); Jenn's Prize Package (thanks, Jenn!!)
Stamp: Hampton Art (Footlongs--Blocks)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
ETC: Ranger (Color Wash in Red Pepper); Cuttlebug (Script embossing folder); The Paper Studio (Red Script alpha stickers); Foof-a-la (buttons); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Maya Road (Tiny Banner Chipboard Bits--thanks again, Jenn!!); The Office (string tags)



One of the things I've learned during this crazy time is that Ranger's Color Washes are really DA BOMB. I bought a few thinking I wouldn't really use them, but they're so fun and create such cool effects. I've really fallen in love with them. :-)


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Okay, I'm thinking the shadows you got when you took the picture kinda go with the picture on your layout!LOL Anyway, these colors look great on this layout.

farmhouse-story said...

love this--esp. the bkgd speckling!