I'm backing up a bit and getting Shimelle's first challenge done. I didn't realize it was part of the challenge weekend and didn't play along. Oops. :-)
And another disclaimer: Sorry about the grass shadows on the page. I had to place it on a spot of grass to get any sun for the photo.
Yeah, and people drove by as I was standing out there too. Oh dear. What we do for our creations, right? ;-)
So this time we had to follow Shimelle's sketch. It was a bit harder for me because I'm really not used to layers of paper. I think I got everything in though.
This picture was taken during a day trip to a heritage preserve in South Carolina. The wildflowers were just beginning to bloom and it was such a wonderful hike--surprises around every corner along the trail!
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (pink cardstock); K&Co (Designer Mat Pads--Neutrals Solid and Earth Tones Solid); K&Co (Sea Glass pad); K&Co (Brenda Walton--Postcard Pad); Graphic 45 (Curtain Call Collection--Tour de France); Studio Jenn (part of prize I received, no name on paper)
Stamps: Hampton Art (French Post): Inkadinkado (Script)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo and Antique Linen)
ETC: Cathe Holden (freebie printable tag); K&Co (Flora and Fauna Botanical Butterflies); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut alphabet); Darice (twine); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-Way Glue
And that leaves one more challenge to fulfill! It's not too late to play along with all these talented crafters!
~Cynthia
Monday, August 15, 2011
Sketch of the Week Challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Cynthia- thanks for the sweet comment you left on my retro post. I had to laugh at your comments about taking your photo. I also get shadows on my layouts and I do it in the front yard sometimes and we live on a busy street and I'm sure people must be wondering ehat the heck I am doing! I don't care...I'm proud to be scrapbooker/photographer!
you rocked this challenge--maybe layers of paper should be in your norm?!
Post a Comment