OK, I know mojo comes and mojo goes...but yesterday was ridiculous.
I was following along with Shimelle's latest challenge--a sketch.
I changed photos three times. I cut up three different sheets of paper. I agonized over this one. Nothing looked right. Nothing went together. And in the end, I kinda gave up.
I hate that.
So these are pictures I took many years ago at Freedom Weekend Aloft--a really fun celebration during the July 4th weekend, which traditionally has included hundreds of hot air balloons.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (rust cardstock); Studio Calico (Astro); ivory paper
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous (script stamp); Recollections (Alphabet Stamp Set); Crafty Secrets (Clear Art Stamps--travel set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot--for the number tag); Ranger (Adirondack Color Wash--Espresso)
ETC: Studio 112 (Saffron Tags); K&Co (Handmade Ephemera Pack, Flora and Fauna Botanical Butterflies pack); Colorbok (Slim Alpha Stickers); Sizzix (Tim Holtz--Tattered Floral Bigz die cuts); Cuttlebug (Butterflies die cut and embossing folder set); The Paper Studio (brad); EK Success (3D-Dots); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-way Glue
ETA: I made the number tag based on a tutorial over on Shelly Hickox's blog, Stamptramp. When I originally posted this blog, I couldn't remember where I had seen the technique. My apologies to Shelly. Check out her site for the tutorial: ShellyHickox dot blogspot dot com.
Have a great weekend, everyone!! I so, so appreciate your comments on my pages--thanks for sharing the scrapbookin' love!!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
one lovely page, cynthia! sweet bfly cluster in the corner and you have some great pics!
Wow - you have been busy - I'm playing catch up as I couldn't scrap last w/e. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your lovely LOs!
Hi Cynthia
Another gorgeous L/O .. .. and more fantastic photographs.
I think we all have days like you have described. Where we faff about swapping this and swapping that .. .. and then another day everything just goes right first time.
Trouble is there are never enough of the days where everything goes right!!1 LOL!!!!
Have a good weekend.
Love Julex xx
Post a Comment