Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stickery Challenge

Stickery Challenge by HikerCynthia
Stickery Challenge, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Here's my next scrapbook page for Shimelle's second challenge.

Our challenge is to use stickers. And stickers from different collections, no less.

So I brought in the big guns! :-)

On the left, the 'Hunting Island' words are some foam stickers. Love how they match with the sunrise colors!

Then on the right side, I added one of Tim Holtz's Ideaology Salvage Stickers--the month of May.

Beneath the calendar I added the date using a Dymo Label Maker.

Along the bottom, the word 'sunrise' is spelled out in stickers I get by the roll from my scrapbook store. So....I don't know who makes them. :-/

Most everything else is K&Co. I did make the little seahorse tag though It's just attached using a brad so it swings around. Fun!

I cut a piece of leftover paper, intending to use it as kind of an arrow-type thing to bring the eye down to the word 'sunrise' but it totally came out looking like a bathing suit top! Cracked myself up with that one. ;-)

And then my journaling: On my last day here, I got up once again for the sunrise before heading home!


Supplies:
Paper: K&Co Sea Glass (Paper Pad, Die-cut Mat Pad, Chipboard pieces)
Stamp: Seaside Stampin' (seahorse)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: (Big breath here...) American Crafts (Dear Lizzy foam sticker letters); Tim Holtz (Salvage Stickers); unknown/stash (black sticker letters); Foof-a-la (button); Dymo (Label Maker); Cathe Holden (free images--luggage tag); The Paper Studio (brad)

ETA: The seahorse tag was based on a tutorial Shelly Hickox did on her blog (StampTramp) on Aug 4. I always give credit for things, but I could not for the life of me remember where I had seen the tutorial. So sorry, Shelly! Her site is ShellyHickox dot blogspot dot com


I hope you get time to play along with Shimelle--it's been so fun to scrapbook photos that don't yet have a home!

And have a great weekend too!! =D

~Cynthia

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Stunning photos and a lovely LO x

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! And you scrapped them beautifully!

farmhouse-story said...

this is a beautiful page with awesome pics, cynthia! (i didn't see a bathing top til you told me--too funny, now i see it:)

Georgia said...

Beautiful photos and they look great.