Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grid It Up Challenge

Grid It Up Challenge by HikerCynthia
Grid It Up Challenge, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

OK, so in looking at everyone else's grids, I believe I may have played loose and free with the latest challenge on Shimelle's blog. ;-)

Ahem.

I tried.

And I really like how this one came out.

Except for the seriously wonky letters.

Sigh.

Morris Island Lighthouse has stood since 1876 off the coast of South Carolina and the island it stands on has slowly eroded over the years. In 2007, a group called Save the Light began raising money to preserve and restore the lighthouse. That's why I have "HOPE" on the top of this page.


ETA: The HOPE tag was based on a tutorial I had seen on Shelly Hickox's blog site, StampTramp. When I posted page, I couldn't remember where I had seen the technique done. Sorry, Shelly! Her site is ShellyHickox dot blogspot dot com


Supplies:
Paper: Lily Bee (Audrey--Graceful); Bazzill (blue, white and brown cardstock)
Stamps: Stampendous (Encouraging Words); Stacy Stamps (beach set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Black Soot)
ETC: ETC: Recollections (Boutique Fleur flowers); Koh-i-noor (Watercolor pencils); Stash (jute twine); Darice (hemp twine); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut letters); The Paper Studio (brads); Glue Dots; Glue Glider Pro


And on we go! Join us over on Shimelle's blog if you can!!

~Cynthia

PS: Thanks for stopping by!! =D

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Like the font you used and your choice of colors on this.

farmhouse-story said...

looks great to me--i love lighthouses!