Sunday, August 14, 2011

From the Heart

From the Heart by HikerCynthia
From the Heart, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

USUAL DISCLAIMER: Sorry about the horrid photo. Too late in the day for sunlight.



And here's my latest shot at the next-in-the-line challenge on Shimelle's blog. It's "From the Heart." Do a page on something you love.

Easy peasy.

This page encompasses many of my loves. I put History across the top because that seemed to sum everything in this picture up nicely!

First, I've got a wide angle photo.
Photography. Love.

Then I've got a waterfall.
Water. Love.

The picture is of an old, circa 1870's, mill and dam.
Historical places. Love.

I had to hike to get there.
Hiking. Love.

On the page I've got pieces of an old English reader book.
Reading. Love.
English. Love.
Old books. Love.

Then I've got some of Tim Holtz's products (leaves and paper.)
Tim Holtz. LOVE.

But....I couldn't list that all in the title, now, could I?

So I went with History, totally knowing what I mean by that.

=D



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green and red cardstock); American Crafts (Botanique--Lucille); GCD Studios (Artsy Urban Collection--Green Bird); Book pages, Tim Holtz (Kraft Glassine)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy)
ETC: Sizzix (Bigz Die--Tattered Leaves); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut letters); QuicKutz (Heart die cut); EK Success (Tag Punch); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Glue Glider Pro


*wipes sweat from brow* Shew! I've been cranking pages out today! This is fun and I've really been stretching myself to try things I would not normally do on a scrapbook page.

And can I tell you? It feels good. :-)


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments!!


~Cynthia

7 comments:

Kim Strother said...

what a great photo! Great job on this challenge!

marianne said...

Gorgeous photo. Almost makes me really for fall.

Georgia said...

Stunning photo!!!

Kaatje said...

great story with the picture. it brings everything together. Great job

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great page, love the leaves

farmhouse-story said...

love your post:) great page-full of love!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge. When I first glanced at your page I thought you had used real leaves. Gotta love Tim Holtz!!!! Very lovely layout and photo. Looks like a great place to visit :-)