Saturday, August 13, 2011

Add to the Story Challenge

I'm not the type to go back to pages and add stuff, but that was the next challenge over on Shimelle's blog. She wanted us to go back to a page we had finished and add more to tell the story better.

I picked a day trip I took to a local mill in 2009. Back in April of this year a group was started to renovate the mill. It's actually an important piece of our county's history. And pretty cool too! ;-)

I decided that since the other pages were already simple in design that I would keep that simplicity going on the new pages. (I added more on the back side of this page.)

So, simple letter stickers, a few pieces of paper and some die cut oak leaves...and there ya go.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green cardstock); Colorbok (Friendly Forest photo mat pad)
ETC: Unknown/stash (alpha stickers); Cuttlebug (die cut leaves); Ranger (Color Wash in Espresso)


I've still got several more challenges to go. Might not get any finished tonight. But I'm finding this marathon scrapbooking stuff is fun!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Kim Strother said...

I think adding to the story will enhance your page even more. I'd love to see the orgional page!

farmhouse-story said...

this set of challenges inspired you so much--don't you love when that happens?! great re-do page! enjoy your sunday!

Sarah said...

Great way to add more journalling x

Georgia said...

This will be a great addition to your layout.