Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Shameless CASE

After the recent card fiascoes, I decided to get back to basics.

You know, shamelessly copy someone else's design.

Hey, it works--it gets the mojo going. ;-)

So this card is a ripoff....I mean a card based on Susan Raihala's creation on her Simplicity blog.

I must say I...I mean SUSAN...did a fantastic job. I really do love her simple designs.

I didn't use anything to line up the images, I just stamped in a line as straight as I could, using the gridded acrylic block as a guide. I really like the blue and golden-yellow combination. It's very crisp looking.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (blue and yellow cardstock); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


Happy Wednesday! We're halfway to the weekend. WOOT! Thanks for stopping in today!!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

awesome stamping job on this, cynthia! i've tried that, doesn't look nearly so good as yours. cute card!

Carolyn Dube said...

I started looking through your posts looking for the fiascoes- but I can't find them. Your cards are fun and your are very generous to share them with us! Anyone who gets one in the mail would be thrilled!

Jules said...

Wow Cynthia .. .. I wish I could stamp that neat and straight.

I thought you had stamped through a template or something.

Great finished look ... I love it!!

Love Jules xx