Saturday, August 27, 2011

Seagulls

Seagulls by HikerCynthia
Seagulls, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

I started with an idea from the Banana Frog blog--create a grid using painters' tape and Color Wash.

I already had the photo picked out, but I noticed that the gulls were kind of on the purple-hued side. (Really old photo!!) So I threw in some purple cardstock and purple letters.

Just for fun, I added the lime green stuff. The journaling card is actually from a paper swatchbook I bought at a scrapbook store that was closing. They had tons! Cool, textured paper.

I was totally grabbing random things off my work desk by then, so the Nehi bottle cap was added for a bit of color.

I love how the flowers came out too. I just sprayed them with Denim Color Wash and they really look like denim fabric--so cool!


Supplies:
Paper: Page protector insert; Neenah (Eames swatchbook); Studio Jenn (blog candy--lime flower paper)
Inks: Ranger (Adirondack Color Wash--Denim)
ETC: Recollections (Clear Letter Alpha stickers, brad, Boutique Fleur); American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Thickers--foam letters); My Mind's Eye (die cuts); K&Co (Par Avion Borders); Cathe Holden (Vintage Cheese Label freebie); Making Memories (Metal Alpha Charm); Studio 112 (Adhesive Chipboard--Swirls); Nehi (found bottle top); Scotch Quick-dry Adhesive; Glue Glider Pro; Scotch Painters' Tape


We're getting clouds and wind from Irene--and I'm hundreds of miles away from the hurricane. I can't imagine what NYC is going to look like. Praying for the East Coast!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

so glad your safe from irene, cynthia:) this is a great card-from the grid to the seagulls!

Carolyn Dube said...

Love how you made your own decorative paper for the background!!!!!