SO much more happier with this page than yesterday's mojo disaster!
This one is for Shimelle's Saturday Starting Points challenge. It was a "take your pick challenge" type thing, so I choose to work with the colors of gray, yellow and black.
Then I embellished the heck out of it.
I mean, for me, right? I'm more of a clean and simple type crafter so layers are more challenging for me. ;-)
I printed a photobooth strip of pictures of my mom. Heh. She isn't happy that I'm sharing these. *snicker* I got the photo strip image from PrintMaster, then layered the pictures I had taken over that to achieve the look.
I used five different colors of inks and sprays to get those flowers deep yellow. That was kind of fun.
One of the other parts of the challenge was hidden journaling. Mine's not exactly hidden, but I like that it's not really a focal part of the page.
Oh and I guess I should explain the photos, eh? My mom was refinishing the utility sink in my dad's workshop at their house, which involved using toxic chemicals of some sort. Hence the air filter mask. I thought the whole thing was kind of funny....
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (yellow, gray, black cardstock); My Mind's Eye (Meadowlark "Dawn" Cards Paper); October Afternoon (Ducks in a Row)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (American Honey, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw)
ETC: Studio 112 (Typewriter Alpha stickers); The Philadelphia Group (Alphabet letters); K&Co (Flora and Fauna Butterflies pack); The Paper Company (brad); Recollections (Boutique Fleur); Smooch Spray (Gold Glow); Homemade spritz; Stash (tickets); Glue Dots; Zig Two-way Glue; Glue Glider Pro
And that's it for me! I guess Shimelle's challenges for the week are finished now. Boy, that was one whirlwind of a creative week, wasn't it?? I had so much fun. Now to get back to all the household chores I neglected this week. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by!
~Cynthia
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Starting Points Challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Love the colors & the cluster - all those inks really paid off for the flower!
beautiful page today, cynthia! love the filmstrip pics of your mom and the cute cluster of goodies!
YOur color combo turned out great and i like all your "white" space".
Your cluster works really well and the colour combo is lovely!
Another fantastic layout Cynthia
Great embellishments and I love your photo strip!!
Hope you have a good week.
Love Jules xx
That photo strip is great and I love the colours.
Not just me who neglected housework then in favour of Shimelle challenges? I love this page and what fun photos! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too
Hi Cynthia
Thanks for your comment .. .. just to let you know that I make the flowers with Woodware Daisy Punches in varing sizes.
I think Papermania do them too.
Hope this helps.
Love Jules xx
I love the photos of your Mom - it's fun to scrap some silly moments! Your flowers are just gorgeous - great work with the mists!
Lovely fun page - the colours are perfect and the embellishment cluster is gorgeous.
Post a Comment