Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sketched Flower

I saw this idea over on Splitcoast Stampers--stamp an image over printed paper. Although it's not too clear in the picture, the background paper has words and some blueprint-type drawings.

I stamped the Sketched Flower image over that and colored it in with Blending Chalks.

Then I stamped the sentiment and finished the card off by adding a little bit of Distress Ink to the corners.

But then...disaster. I adhered the paper to the kraft cardblank, flipped it over to press down for good adhesion...and managed to totally crinkle up the card.

I tried my best to flatten it out and I think it's passable. I mean, I could blame the post office, right???? ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); BasicGrey (Basics Manila Paper Pad)
Stamps: Stampabilities (Sketched Flower 2); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain); Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


Thanks for all the comments here!!!! I really appreciate your visits!! =D


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Gorgeous image and distressing. A lovely finished look.

I can't see any crinkles .. just a beautiful card!

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

i enlarged it and couldn't see a thing, so its just a pretty card:) once, i did this and just crinkled up the whole thing, smoothed it out, and lightly distress inked the crinkles--it worked! happy accident!