Gracious! I can't believe I haven't posted in so long...nor have I had the time to create! But things have started to settle down here, so I'm trying to get my mojo in gear again. :-)
So here's a start!
This is for a My Mind's Eye challenge, which I think I totally missed. Oops.
Anyway. Super clean and simple layout, which I like! A few layers and a few embellishments. I think I was supposed to have bits of chipboard, but I um...skipped that part. Heh. ;-)
The photo is from 2007, when I spent a few days camping at Hunting Island State Park--my most favorite place to camp in South Carolina. There is an area I call the Sculpture Garden simply because all the trees that have fallen into the water look like sculptures. Such a beautiful place!
Supplies:
Paper: American Crafts (Hello Sunshine, Bliss); BoBunny (Decaf Dot); The Paper Studio (script paper); Fancy Pants (Like Father Like Son--Stud Muffin); dress pattern (for flower)
Stamp: Stampendous (Encouraging Words set--Strength)
Ink: Tim Holtz (Distress Ink--Black Soot); Spritz Spray (Log Cabin)
ETC: Tim Holtz (Sizzix--Tattered Floral); The Paper Studio (brads); Cuttlebug (Leaves die cut); K&Co (Par Avion border); freebies (unknown source--round calendar); faux-phemera (ticket)
ALSO: I made the little Strength tag based on someone else's tutorial, but I can no longer find the post. Sorry.
ETA: I finally found the tutorial for the little Strength tag! It's by Shelly Hickox on Stamptramp, posted on Aug 4, 2011. Sorry, Shelly, and thank you for a great tutorial!! (ShellyHickox dot blogspot dot com) She calls it Faux Crazed Porcelain. Super easy and fun--with great results!
And that's it for me! I hope to have way more time in the studio this weekend--YAY. I've enjoyed visiting everyone's blogs though. That's always so inspiring!
~Cynthia

2 comments:
so pretty, cynthia! i really like the border and your tag:)
Wow!! Cynthia
Loving the photograph on this one and the gorgeous border.
Great finished look and brilliant colours.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment