...unless you're a frog of course! Or a funky card! =DI rather like this one. It's totally weird, yet artsy at the same time! I used the drywall tape again. I doused it with Distress Stain to get that lovely brown.
The yellow-ish line under the sentiment is actually caused by the glue used to hold the end of the tape to the roll. The glue acted like a resist. I rather like that part too!
I used the Distress Stain as ink on the rubber stamp as well. That came out kind of watercolor-y. Very cool. Then I also used the Stain to distress the edges. WHO KNEW?? Distress Stains are AWESOME. I can't wait to grab the latest colors!
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Bazzill (green cardstock); Graphic 45 (The Magic of Oz collection: Parcel Post)
Stamp: Stampabilities (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Vintage Photo)
ETC: Drywall tape; Glue Glider Pro
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Cynthia
4 comments:
Hi Cynthia
Your "green" card is lovely .. .. and your use of the drywall tape!!
I found my scraps of sequin waste out the other day and had a little play. Not perfected the look I want yet .. .. but I will!!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Love Jules xx
Hi Cynthia
Your "green" card is lovely .. .. and your use of the drywall tape!!
I found my scraps of sequin waste out the other day and had a little play. Not perfected the look I want yet .. .. but I will!!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Love Jules xx
you know what, cynthia, my husbands drywall tape doesn't have circles in it. there must be different kinds! his looks like very thin white burlap. anyway, your card is awesome:) thanks for the inspiration!
The drywall tape is a perfect accent strip for your card. The colors you chose work wonderfully together.
Post a Comment