Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Double the Snippet


Both green papers are snippets--little bits of leftover papers.

Jules on Always With a Heart runs a cute challenge on Sundays to use up those scraps, or snippets as she calls them.

I stamped the iris and the sentiment with Black Soot Distress Ink, then used watercolor pencils to add color. I carefully cut out a portion of the iris and a leaf with an X-acto knife then tucked the green polka dot paper beneath them to make the flower pop a little bit.

I used a border punch on the side too.

I've gone back-and-forth on this one since I made it. Sometimes I like it...sometimes I just want to cut it up and start over.

Oh well. What's done is done right? =D


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (green cardstock); ATD/Momenta (Specialty Collection)
Stamps: Penny Black (Flower Gallery); Fiskars (How Many Candles set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Koh-i-noor (watercolor pencils); Fiskars (border punch); X-acto knife; Glue Glider Pro


We're supposed to have record-breaking heat here today. I'm doing my part to prevent heatstroke by staying inside and creating STUFF!! ;-)

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a pretty card, cynthia! i love the design and that it came from snippets:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I love it .. .. very much!!!

Such a gorgeous shade of green and a beautiful image.

Stay warm LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Sarn said...

Oh very pretty indeed!

Hugs, Sandra