Hey, East Coast peeps! Did you feel the earthquake?? I felt it all the way down here in South Carolina. My prayers are with the people in Virginia and DC. From what I've seen on CNN, the damage doesn't look too bad. Let's hope it stays that way.
On to the card...
I felt really odd not doing a scrapbook layout. I kind of miss Shimelle's challenges! But I finally got my housework all caught up. Heh!
This is for a friend of mine that just moved to another city and started a new job.
I made clouds by using Distress Ink, a felt applicator and a circle die cut.
I stamped the flowers then colored them in using Alcohol Inks and the non-business end of a paintbrush. I kind of touched the image and pulled the brush end across until I filled up the area.
The funky border thing was not my idea, but I totally can't remember where I saw it first. As soon as I find the blog post, I'll give credit. To make said border, brush Tim Holtz's Alcohol Inks over artist's tape, then stamp sentiment using a permanent ink like Staz-on.
Yeah, so if that was your idea, please leave me a comment because I got tired of going through months of back posts looking for the tutorial. *sigh*
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (white cardstock); Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: Stampology (Autumn Leaves: Flowers); Studio G (congrats); Hero Arts (Classic Messages set--congratulations)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China, Black Soot); Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink (Cloudy Blue, Sunshine Yellow, Sailboat Blue); Staz-On (Black)
ETC: Staedtler (Removable Artist's Tape)
And a very big THANKS to everyone that stopped by during the challenge week!! I so enjoyed reading your comments!!
~Cynthia
PS: Thanks for your help, Jules! I found the flower punches here in the US! WOOT!! =D
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Blue Congrats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
very sweet, cynthia! i realy like how you've painted the flowers and the techniques on the sentiment strip!
Hi Cynthia
Yes, those earthquakes sounded a bit scary. It must be an awful experience to go through.
I bet it feels strange to do a small card front as opposed to your 12 x 12 papers!!
I am really pleased you managed to find the flower punches. On the larger punches I add some shade to the larger flowers by folding the petal around my thumb nail .. .. I think some folk use an embossing tool.
Can't wait to see what you do with your punches.
Love Jules xx
Hi Cynthia
Yes, those earthquakes sounded a bit scary. It must be an awful experience to go through.
I bet it feels strange to do a small card front as opposed to your 12 x 12 papers!!
I am really pleased you managed to find the flower punches. On the larger punches I add some shade to the larger flowers by folding the petal around my thumb nail .. .. I think some folk use an embossing tool.
Can't wait to see what you do with your punches.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment