Friday, August 23, 2013

Ocala Skipper

Ocala Skipper by HikerCynthia
Ocala Skipper, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

Another quick post tonight--we've got a Severe Thunderstorm Watch right now and I'll bet money we're going to lose power on this one.

So I gotta hurry!! ;-)

This page started with that strip on the left side. I had used the paper to punch stars for a card...which I forgot to take a photo of--of course! :-/

I wanted the stars to have an ombre look so I brushed different colors of yellow Distress Ink on the strip. So cute! Then I had the strip left over and decided it would be cool on a scrap page.

Before I adhered that, I splattered ink dots and used Distress Paint and a tube to make those fun circles. I added some enamel dots too.

This is also my first foray into using gauze. I ransacked the house a bit and found some in a roll. Not exactly what I wanted, but since I just tucked it beneath the photo, no problem. It adds cool texture.

I used a bunch of snippets too. So it was more like an experiment in scrapbooking! :-)


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (kraft and white cardstock); snippets from We R Memory Keepers, October Afternoon and Doodlebug Designs
Inks: Dylusions Spray Ink (Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine); Tim Holtz Distress Paint (Mustard Seed)
ETC: My Mind's Eye (Find Your Wings & Fly enamel dots); Freckled Fawn (Enamel Dew Dots); CVS (gauze)


It's getting all dark outside and I'm getting multiple severe weather alerts on my phone and computer. Gotta run! Have a great weekend!!


~Cynthia

PS: Oh, forgot to say that the butterfly in the picture is called an Ocala Skipper!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You take the most amazing butterfly pictures and this one on the beautiful hot pink flower is exceptional! Love how you used the strip from your stars! I need to stop throwing that stuff away! I also love the "grunge" background!

Bonnie said...

Oops! Meant to say I hope you didn't get any bad storms. The front slipped in quietly here. And the weather is wonderful now!

farmhouse-story said...

the ombre, dots and circles mixed with the gauze make this page awesome!