Thursday, August 22, 2013

'Shroom

'Shroom by HikerCynthia
'Shroom, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

I loved this little mushroom, clinging to the side of a tree, five feet above a flooded wetlands area. I just thought...how tenacious this little guy is. And just how the heck did he make it all the way across the water to the side of this tree??

Ah, the mysteries of nature!

And then of course I needed to scrapbook the little 'shroom! :-)

I used bits and pieces of various papers and took one of my new stamps out for a test drive. You can see the tone-on-tone yellow arrows on the right side. I love that it's so subtle!

I kept everything else to a minimum to allow the photo to take center place.

Oh, and sorry about the wonky paper there. The humidity warps stuff in under 20 seconds!! :-O


Supplies:
Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Dutch Girl: Lena & Hans); We R Memory Keepers (72 & Sunny: Alphabet); Tim Holtz (Idealogy: Glassine Paper); unknown snippet
Stamp: Maya Road (Perfect Shot Arrows)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemondade, Black Soot)
ETC: My Mind's Eye (Mistletoe Magic dots); Thickers (Patchwork); BasicGrey (Capture: Alpha Sticker pack); The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby (Epoxy Stickers)


Thanks for visiting today! And stay crafty!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Is it humid there too? It's awful here! Isn't that mushroom amazing? Love the subtle arrows and the yellow paper! Perfect journaling!

farmhouse-story said...

such a cute picture! love the title:)