Here's Shimelle's final Saturday challenge page. For this one we get to go back in time and find a Sketch to Page video Shimelle posted and use that as our guide.
Challenge #8: Pick a Sketch
This was a fun challenge! I watched quite a few videos and decided on #35, which is from September 14, 2011.
The photo is of a dried Tiger Lily seed pod, in black and white. They are so gorgeous close up!! I didn't want the page to be sad so I titled it, "The sleep of the tiger lily" and journaled about how beautiful the pods are...knowing that in the spring, new Tiger Lilies will be produced from the seeds.
I also totally misspelled tiger "lillies" in the journaling. I decided to be OK with it and moved on. =D
Supplies:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Simply Spring: Easter Eggs); Bo Bunny (Olivia Baby's Breath and Ad Lib: This N That); K&Co (Designer Mat Pad: Ocean and Border: Julianne); Bazzill (white cardstock)
Ink: Memento (London Fog)
ETC: Thickers (Subway letter stickers); Authentique (letter stickers); Queen & Co (Midnight dots); EK Success (3D Dots)
And with that, I'm all caught up! At least for the moment! ;-)
Thanks for the visit!
~Cynthia
Challenge #8: Pick a Sketch
This was a fun challenge! I watched quite a few videos and decided on #35, which is from September 14, 2011.
The photo is of a dried Tiger Lily seed pod, in black and white. They are so gorgeous close up!! I didn't want the page to be sad so I titled it, "The sleep of the tiger lily" and journaled about how beautiful the pods are...knowing that in the spring, new Tiger Lilies will be produced from the seeds.
I also totally misspelled tiger "lillies" in the journaling. I decided to be OK with it and moved on. =D
Supplies:
Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Simply Spring: Easter Eggs); Bo Bunny (Olivia Baby's Breath and Ad Lib: This N That); K&Co (Designer Mat Pad: Ocean and Border: Julianne); Bazzill (white cardstock)
Ink: Memento (London Fog)
ETC: Thickers (Subway letter stickers); Authentique (letter stickers); Queen & Co (Midnight dots); EK Success (3D Dots)
And with that, I'm all caught up! At least for the moment! ;-)
Thanks for the visit!
~Cynthia

2 comments:
I'd never looked that close at a lily pod! Now I need to go take a spin around the yard and not see the weeds that need to be pulled. I'm missing out on the good stuff! Love the colors you've scrapped with. Wonderful colors for Fall! And the way the leaves are falling, it must be getting close to Fall.
I feel that misspelling words is a hazard of journaling - but one that can be totally overlooked.
You have the most amazing eye for the wonderful!!! It brings me envy to know that you see all the beauty in everything and I'm just squirming through life.
Love the layers and paper choices!
Post a Comment