Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tim's Tag for August

Tim's Tag for August by HikerCynthia
Tim's Tag for August, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
The Talented Tim has struck again!! His tags for August are way beyond awesome!!

I, of course, had to go all MacGyver AGAIN this month because I don't have the main supplies Tim used.

No matter. I used what I had and came up with this! I'm loving the background especially because it looks like clouds rolling.

I used stamps, Distress Inks, Distress Stains and Distress Markers. In place of the mask stuff Tim used, I used the ol' Post-it Note trick.

The band, which I thought was appropriate because I live 200 miles from the ocean, says, "possibility begins with imagination." I can imagine I'm on the beach, right?? =D

I ran the Picket Fence Distress Marker across the metal band several times until the ink went down into the words. It also sank in around the brads on either end. I wiped some of the ink off and the remaining gives the band a salted-by-the-ocean look!


And that's it for me this month! Thanks so much for dropping by!!


~Cynthia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stamps are wonderful and your background turned out gorgeous!

BJ said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it all the colours are superb and yes clouds. Wish I'd tried something as imaginative now. BJ

Bonnie said...

What an awesome tag, Cynthia! The background is awesome and I love the way you've done the sentiment band! Tim couldn't possibly have done any better!

Margie said...

Very pretty, sunny, and warm! Love it!

farmhouse-story said...

you channel tim so perfectly--great tag, cynthia!

Maisie Moonshine said...

What a beautiful tag! Love that cloud effect, beautiful images and such a great summery feel. MMx

Sande said...

Very pretty I love the colors!