Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A 3x4 Gathering

3x4 Gathering by HikerCynthia
3x4 Gathering, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
And the challenges over on Shimelle's blog just keep coming! This has really been so much fun! (And I've gotten LOTS of photos scrapped too!!)

For this challenge, Shimelle gave us a sketch to turn into a scrap page.

I almost always scrap 4x6 photos, rarely smaller, unless I have lots of one thing. I just happened to have two photos--one of a butterfly, the other of a blooming Pyracantha bush--that I printed out at 3x4.

And then promptly pushed aside to scrap all the 4x6 photos!

I *knew* they would come in handy!! ;-)

I used the sketch a bit differently as I only had two photos and not three. Other than that, I pretty much followed along with Shimelle.


Supplies:
Paper: Echo Park (Everyday Eclectic); Bazzill Basics (Lucy's Crab Shack--journaling card)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs)
ETC: October Afternoon (Mini Market letter stickers--Green and Cream)


Oh, and sorry for the wonky photo. We got three inches of rain early this morning and the humidity outside is making all my pages warp before I can take a picture! :-O


~Cynthia

1 comment:

The Nonna said...

LOVE THIS!!! Of course your photos are always magnificent, but your paper choices for these photos is spot-on!

(As you can tell I'm working backward through the post on Shimelle - got your message on Sunday, but I've got issues right now so haven't gotten to participate... keeping a list though so I can use them when I get back to my scrappiness!)