Soooo, first of all...this is what happens to scrapbook pages when they are outside in 100% humidity.
They warp.
And secondly, this is what happens when it's a gray, cloudy day and you're trying to photograph white stuff.
It comes out all weirdly yellow and blue.
*sigh*
So you'll just have to squint and think happy thoughts on this one, OK? ;-)
When I saw Shimelle's challenge to accentuate the white space, i was super happy. Yes, I love the white space.
And when I saw guest designer Els' page, I was super excited.
SO excited that I just scraplifted the heck out of her page.
Yes I did.
I used happy little scraps from the Echo Park kit I have been using for the past few layouts. I added some drippage and some tiny embellishments and called it a day!
I really, really, REALLY wanted to use some sparkly title letters like Els did, but I loved Shimelle's idea of going tone-on-tone.
So the white--and they really. are. white. in real life--won out on this page. I think it works here because all the focus remains on those super fiery zinnias.
Supplies:
Paper: Echo Park (Everyday Eclectic); stash (old accounting book page)
Ink: Ranger/Adirondack Spray Ink (Lettuce); Ranger/Dylusions Spray Ink (Bubblegum Pink)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Tim Holtz (Chit Chat sticker); EK Success (Sticko letters); Bella Blvd (Pickle Juice washi)
Can this be the end of Shimelle's challenges?? Stay tuned to find out!! ;-)
~Cynthia
They warp.
And secondly, this is what happens when it's a gray, cloudy day and you're trying to photograph white stuff.
It comes out all weirdly yellow and blue.
*sigh*
So you'll just have to squint and think happy thoughts on this one, OK? ;-)
When I saw Shimelle's challenge to accentuate the white space, i was super happy. Yes, I love the white space.
And when I saw guest designer Els' page, I was super excited.
SO excited that I just scraplifted the heck out of her page.
Yes I did.
I used happy little scraps from the Echo Park kit I have been using for the past few layouts. I added some drippage and some tiny embellishments and called it a day!
I really, really, REALLY wanted to use some sparkly title letters like Els did, but I loved Shimelle's idea of going tone-on-tone.
So the white--and they really. are. white. in real life--won out on this page. I think it works here because all the focus remains on those super fiery zinnias.
Supplies:
Paper: Echo Park (Everyday Eclectic); stash (old accounting book page)
Ink: Ranger/Adirondack Spray Ink (Lettuce); Ranger/Dylusions Spray Ink (Bubblegum Pink)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Tim Holtz (Chit Chat sticker); EK Success (Sticko letters); Bella Blvd (Pickle Juice washi)
Can this be the end of Shimelle's challenges?? Stay tuned to find out!! ;-)
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Hi Cynthia
Another great layout. I love all those scrummy layers stacked up like that.
Thank you for your kind words on my blog about my Son's music. He will love reading what everyone has written.
Love Jules xx
I love all the white, Cynthia! The white background with the dribbles of ink that bring out the colors of the beautiful zinnias! The tone on tone letters are awesome!
love it, cynthia! i love mixing letter sizes!
Post a Comment