Friday, August 16, 2013

Oh Jaime Warren!

Oh Jaime Warren! by HikerCynthia
Oh Jaime Warren!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
When I saw Jaime Warren's scrap pages over on Cocoa Daisy, I was floored. Man, she's so incredibly talented!!

So, naturally, I shamelessly copied her design! ;-)

I used punches and stencils and Distress Inks and wood veneer and banners and ink blots and metal dots and the kitchen sink.

OK, not really the sink. But I threw everything else at this page! It was darned fun, let me tell you! I'm usually the clean-and-simple type, but lately I've been having fun making ART.

Or a mess.

Whatever you'd like to call it! =D

The photo is another in the series I took at my friend's pond of the amazingly gorgeous dragonflies. I got super super close to this one. You can see the literally see the hair on the back of his neck!

Or whatever dragonflies have for a neck. Heh.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (white cardstock); Tim Holtz (Lost and Found pad); Little Yellow Bicycle (Fern & Forest); Cosmo Cricket (unknown snippet); Graphic 45 (unknown snippet); page from old accounting book
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Salty Ocean and Broken China); Dylusions (Spray Ink: London Blue and Stencil: Diamond Border)
ETC: Marvy Uchida (circle and square punches); Nestabilites (Pinked Circles die cuts, Labels die cuts); Studio Calico (wood veneer); Prima (wood veneer); The Paper Studio (epoxy stickers); Heidi Grace (metal dots)


Happy Friday, everyone! The chilly, rainy conditions here continue. Good thing my hobby lends itself to such weather. I would hate to be a golfer or a baseball player! ;-)

Have a crafty weekend!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

first, that picture is fabulous, cynthia! second, so is the page:) happy weekend!!

Bonnie said...

I'd like to throw stuff on a page and have it look like this! Fantastic! And that photograph of the dragonfly is amazing! You really caught the look of those gossamer wings!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love all those wooden elements and the fun use of the diamond stencils :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty