Friday, August 2, 2013

#1 Flexible Template

#1  Flexible Template by HikerCynthia
#1 Flexible Template, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Over on Shimelle.com, Shimelle is running a weekend-long series of scrapbook challenges. (YAY!)

Here's Challenge Number 1: Use a Noelle Hyman flexible template.

Noelle's video is on Shimelle's page--watch that, then watch the video on Shimelle's take, then make your own page!

Super simple!


So this page is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Cuz I don't do purple, yo.

With that said, the page matched the color of the Thistle exactly. Seriously, in real life it really does match. ;-)

I made the tag by using a piece of the same pink paper under the photo, cutting the corners, punching a hole, and lightly stamping the floral image in Pumice Stone ink. I added a bit of bakers' twine too. That came out pretty cool, I must say. Heh heh. :-)

I used Noelle's template, but basically made an 8x12 layout on a 12x12 background.

And yes, I was that kid in kindergarten that refused to color inside the lines.

I also got into a few fights. But that's a story for another time....

Anywho. This challenge was challenging for me because I'm a layering kinda fool and I don't have many layers here.

And that's why they call it a challenge, my friend.

Play along with us, will you? It's fun! And you can color outside the lines!

But no fighting, eh?


Supplies:
Paper: GCD Studios (Margarita Collection: Morning Glory); KI Memories (Bloom); Dear Lizzy (Spring: Friendly Fern); Doodlebug Designs (paper strips)
Stamp: Stampendous (Agapanthus Cluster)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pumice Stone, Black Soot)
ETC: Dear Lizzy (letters--Fantastic); We R Memory Keepers (Fancy Floss: Marble); Crop-a-dile (corner rounder); Tonic (Ticket/Tag punch); Studio G (pink gems); Heidi Swapp (Tape Tears); Doodlebug Designs (floral washi)


Have a scrap happy weekend!!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That paper is perfect for this thistle! Isn't it fun to move out of your comfort zone once in a while? Great page!

Unknown said...

gorgeous photo, that purple paper is perfect xxx