
Sparkly Folded Tree
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
My apologies once again for not remember just where I got the idea for this card.
The tree is really cute and easy to make...you know...if I had saved the instructions.
Basically, cut a circle in half, then fold a wedge back or forth (mountain or valley folds, meaning), to create tiers as you go down the tree. I used a ScorBuddy to create crisp, straight lines.
I used double sided paper--one side is plain green, the other side has darker green dots. I added random dots of red Stickles only on the dotted side.
I layered the tree over a white piece of cardstock (stamped and border punched) which is layered over red cardstock.
All of the layers are adhered to a white cardblank.
I think the red and the green are quite striking against all the white spaces. It creates the feeling that the tree is sitting in a pile of drifting snow! :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red and white cardstock); BoBunny (Olive Dots); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampabilties (Glory To God)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick); Stickles (Xmas Red)
ETC: Recollections (border punch); Cutterbee (Curvy Cutter for circle)
I might not make it to the studio today. We had some really BAD storms last night and now it's time for the clean up! ;-) But I do hope to get some pictures of my December Daily posted--I had so much fun making it! I'm HOOKED! LOL!!
~Cynthia
1 comment:
love this tree--i've not seen this before:)-tfs!
Post a Comment