Monday, December 27, 2010

December Daily--"The End" 2010


"The End" 2010
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Yep. This is the very very absolute last page of my Dec Daily. This is the back cover. The end. No more. Done. Gone. Finito.

A moment of silence, please.


So. Some of the things I've learned.

1. I totally should have started doing Dec Dailys years ago. They are a great idea!
2. Start earlier.
3. Be more cohesive throughout. I felt like what I wanted to do changed around Day 10 or so. The beginning is different from the ending.
4. Use the same papers throughout to achieve that cohesiveness.
5. Don't use chipboard for the inside pages.
6. Don't paint the chipboard then paint it with Distress Inks and glue paper over it because none of it will STICK.
7. Use more pockets.
8. Use more postcard type journaling tags.
9. Skip the baseball card type pages.
10. Writing the 'daily' stuff on the left page and the Advent devotional stuff on the right side works very well.
11. Using just three colors of cardstock works very well.
12. Leave some pages blank to allow for creativity.
13. Did I mention start earlier?
14. Some of my favorite pages are the simplest.
15. Use more little envelope pockets.
16. Definitely start earlier.


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

But you aren't going to start your next one just yet are you? LOL!! I think you should have a little bit of a break.

I think it has been a brilliant project.

It is always strange looking back on our work though.

When I look back to my first makes and even to earlier posts on my blog it is surprising how our styles change.

I am so pleased I have a blog to remind myself that I am improving.

Yes, the brayer will become my friend .. .. once I have tamed it!!! At the moment it has a life of its own and wants to do what "it" wants .. .. not what "I" want it to do.

I hope your Christmas was good and wish you a very happy 2011.

What is your next project going to be?

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

i agree, we have to start earlier, use more pockets, and envelopes, for sure! have a great new year, cynthia!