Thursday, December 30, 2010

Coffee Cup Album--Page 2


Page 2
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I had a lot of fun making this layout. I went through all the little 'onesies' from other projects that were laying around and thought about how I could fit them together and what I wanted to say.

I used a few pieces that were punched out, a few embellishment pieces, and I also cut out some words from the Stampin Up paper I used on the cover. I sanded a few of them because I wanted the whole album to have a shabby, worn look. I adhered a ribbon bow on the left and a handprint sticker on the right. (When I visit a lighthouse that I can actually touch, I put one of the handprint stickers next to the photo of the lighthouse in my scrapbook.) Then I added a bit of torn map and a piece of torn Tim Holtz paper.

The quote on the left says, "My heart's in the highlands wherever I go," from a Robert Burns poem. The quote on the right is from an online Intellicast ad that said, "Rough seas ahead. Grab your gear and let's get going."


Thanks for stopping by today!

~Cynthia

No comments: