
Dec 12
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Ah, December 12.
How I hated you.
Originally I used dark green cardstock, with two of Tim Holtz's Tattered Flowers die cut from the red poinsettia paper, and a long journal card.
It didn't work.
It didn't match.
I hated it.
Least favorite page EVER.
So yesterday I ripped the whole darn page out.
TAKE THAT.
I replaced it with more of the poinsettia paper from Reminisce. From previous experience with this paper, I knew it was going to be hard to read any writing on it, so I added this cool postcard. I got it from DesignedlyKristi.com for freakin FREE! She has many other templates too--all for FREE. AWESOME. =D
I added another old old old Christmas postage stamp and then distressed the edges with my dynamic duo of Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks.
And I restamped the date too.
I feel SO much better about this layout now. I like how the cream cardstock brings a vintage feel to the poinsettia paper.
Ah, December 12.
How I love you.
~Cynthia
PS: Because I had already bound my album with my industrial strength zip ties, I punched the holes using a template I had made for the pages, then cut slits from the edge of the paper to the holes. I used a Glu Glider to add adhesive to the back of the paper. Then I just slipped the paper around the zip ties and pressed the glued paper down on the chipboard. I used a toothpick and little bit of Glossy Accents to glue down the 'flaps' around the punched holes.
1 comment:
great, funny post! i really like this page and the free postcard--thanks for the link:)
i've learned alot doing my dec daily--i'm not crazy about how mine is going, but will make changes for next years. i am glad i waited to bind mine, cuz i change my mind WAY too much:)
Post a Comment