
Page 1
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Yeah, it's a Coffee Cup Album!! I was so excited to try this art journal from Two Peas in a Pod. And the totally best thing is it's FREE!
This is a digikit called Coffee Cup Album: Cupcakes and Coffee, by Wilna Furstenberg. You get the pages already done (6 of them!) and easy to understand instructions.
So thus begins my first foray into art journaling!! I totally changed the whole theme of the album because I don't drink coffee....but I love to travel so my art journal is more like Cupcakes and Travel! LOL!!
I adhered some newspaper-type designer paper from Stampin Up to all the covers, distressed them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, then sanded them to create an old, worn, used look.
On the left side, I adhered a clear One Way arrow and the Air Mail symbol from an Air Mail envelope.
On the right side, I have letters (MY) that I stole from another project, a clear airplane embellishment peaking through, and an Air Cargo sticker I ripped off a box at work. I also added a metal butterfly.
The one thing I would have done differently here is that the page kinda says "MY Air Cargo" because the word HEART is part of the page. It really says...well, in my mind anyway...MY HEART.
I handwrote the quote from a Love and Theft song called "Runaway": It's crazy, I know, to count on the road to give me what I need. But with every state line, somehow I find another part of me.
That pretty much sums up my life! ;-)
~Cynthia
1 comment:
you find the coolest things, -i love how this has turned out! off to see if i can find this on 2 peas:)
Post a Comment