
Turkey Day Paste
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
So I FINALLY got a beautiful sunny day to take pictures of cards! Except it's like 40 degrees with a 20 MPH wind blowing. Grrrrrrr. The weather is against me. ;-)
Here's the first of my Thanksgiving cards. As I took pictures of them, I think I might not have enough to send out. Oops. Darn that! I'll have to make MORE CARDS!!! LOL!
I used a Dreamweaver stencil for this one. I have wanted this wheat design for EVER and I finally found it a few months ago at a craft show. YAY!
I used stencil cream for the design, then colored it using chalks. When I removed the stencil, part of my cardstock went with the tape I used to hold it down, so I just went with THAT! I used the painter's tape I had adhered the stencil with to rip off more of the cardstock. It really gave the card a cool effect!
I stamped the sentiment on another piece of cardstock. I distressed that with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain, then used both of those inks to distress the larger piece of cardstock. Then I layered the papers on a kraft cardblank.
I like that the card is on the 'country' side without going overboard. It looks just right for Thanksgiving!
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (cream cardstock); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamp: Stampabilities (Happy Thanksgiving 02)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain); Inkadinkado (Blending Chalks)
ETC: Dreamweaver (Wheat stencil--LL462, Embossing Paste); Glue Runner
Thanks for looking around today!
~Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment