Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If a Tree Falls in an Embossing Folder...


If a Tree Falls in an Embossing Folder...
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

So after yesterday's fiasco, I decided to try again, this time with a different technique.

First I punched out the Christmas trees from a piece of dark forest green paper.

Then I adhered it to a piece of crisp white cardstock.

Finally, I ran that sandwich through the Cuttlebug, embossing both sheets of cardstock and allowing the white paper to be pushed up onto the green paper's level.

It looks as if the white paper has somehow erupted into the green. It's interesting. Different. I think maybe the edges need border punched or something. It looks a little plain at the moment.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (white and green cardstock)
Ink: **Can you believe I did NOT use ANY Distress Inks ANYWHERE??**
ETC: Punch Bunch (evergreen tree punch); Glue Glider Pro


I've been working on some cool Tim Holtz-inspired jewelry. I love using Alcohol Inks on his Fragments. I'll try to get some pictures posted on those later...so you don't get bored with all the Christmas-in-November cards!! ;-)

~Cynthia

No comments: