Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Polar Bear at Night


Polar Bear at Night
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

This started out as an experimental card, but I kinda like it! ;-)

I ran a piece of purple vellum through an embossing folder, then realized the BACK side is probably the coolest side! It came out swirly and frosty, like a snowstorm at night.

Conveniently, it matched a polar bear stamp I had recently purchased. It's all swirly and frosty too! So I stamped that in Dusty Concord Distress Ink, which also conveniently matched the purple vellum. SWEET.

For a bit of color, I die cut the nativity star from yellowy-orange cardstock and then covered it with Glossy Accents, to give it a neat shine.

I'm taking a bit of artistic license here with the story of Jesus' birth--I doubt there were any polar bears around the manger--but maybe if you think more about Jesus as our Guiding Light, the card might work. Yes? ;-)

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (yellow and white cardstock); Stamp On It (translucent vellum); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamp: Inkadinkado (polar bear, #99434)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
ETC: Cuttlebug (D'vine Embossing Folder); Glossy Accents; EK Success (3D Dots); Glue Glider Pro; QuicKutz (nativity star)


The rain is POURING down here! I'm not complaining ONE BIT because we need it!! Of course, that just means I get an All Day in the Studio kind of day! YAY!!

~Cynthia

No comments: