
Tim's Tree
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Holtz, Tim Holtz, that is.
This card is a mixture of several different techniques I've seen around the blogospere lately.
Jennifer McGuire: The paper is used here is watercolor paper. Then the background color is made using a clear stamp block, which has been tapped with several different Distress Inks and misted gently with water.
Jennifer McGuire: The trees are made by stamping then stamping off the image, after misting the inked stamp with water.
Tim Holtz: The little charm is a Tim Holtz Fragment. I stamped the tree image on another piece of watercolor paper, then I glued it (using Glossy Accents) to the back of the Fragment. After it dried, I cut off the extra paper around it, then strung the fragment with a bit of wire.
Tim Holtz: I actually pulled the wire out of some wired ribbon I didn't like (OK, that was my idea), then I made a small hole in the watercolor paper, pushed the wire through and then taped it on the back. It swings on the paper but it's very secure.
I stamped Rejoice on the bottom using the same color ink (Peeled Paint Distress Ink) as the trees.
Supplies:
Paper: Strathmore (Watercolor Paper); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Picture Show (evergreen tree); Inkadinkado (Rejoice #96920)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss)
ETC: Glossy Accents; Tim Holtz Fragments; wire
I'm not sure this is actually mailable. But I like the concept. It also began my fascination with Fragments as jewelry. :-)
~Cynthia
1 comment:
love what you've done with these great techniques-pretty card, cynthia!
Post a Comment