Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vertically Challenged Rejoicing!


Vertically Challenged Rejoicing!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's another card that almost hit the trash can.

Several times, in fact.

I love that Rejoice stamp. So, I crossed my fingers and held my breath..and stamped it directly on the ivory cardblank.

I almost never do that because, 9 times out of 10, I make a smudge or don't get the stamp inked up fully or it's crooked...or...or...you get the picture.

Here I had a bit of random ink on the edge of the stamp's rubber.

Grrrrr.

There was no camouflaging it. So, I cut off the bottom of the cardblank and tried again.

THIS time, I stamped it on a piece of the cardblank I had cut off, then used a word tag punch to punch it out.

Alas, the Rejoice was too long for any of the tag sizes.

By now I'm aggravated. I punch it out anyway.

I grab a leaf punch and add those to the mix.

So now I've got a short card with a short Rejoice and some leaves.

I had to give up on this one. There was no fixing it.

But the passage of time heals all angry card-making sessions and now I think this card maybe isn't half bad.

It's got a festive, clean/simple look to it. You know, for a vertically challenged card and all! ;-)

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green cardstock); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Rejoice #96920)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
ETC: McGill (Word Tag Punch); Martha Stewart (leaf punch); Glue Dots


I had so much fun in the studio yesterday--a rainy, windy day. I got a bunch more Christmas cards done. I really need to count them and see how many more I need. :-)

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

for such a clean and simple card, it sure caused problems, huh? all said and done, it looks perfect now!