
Twinkle, twinkle, little...um...TREE??
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
I love this little tree stamp! You could go so many different ways with it--colors, sparkles, gems. Very fun!
I took a "less is more" approach and highlighted just a few of the ornaments with red and green Brush Markers, then I used a sparkle gel pen for all the rest of the dots.
Yeah, that took some time.
The background is cream cardstock, with snowflakes stamped in Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and distressed with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy.
I did the same to the Christmas tree piece of cardstock, but I also pulled it across a Fired Brick Distress Ink inkpad. I layered that on a piece of red cardstock, which I slightly distressed.
The ribbon is seam binding which I sprayed with a bit of homemade spritz spray in Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I crinkled it up then dried it out with a heat gun.
The picture doesn't do this card justice. It's pretty cute in real life! :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (cream and red cardstock); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Penny Black (Starlit [tree] and Crystalline set [snowflake])
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick, Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain); Marvy Brush Markers
ETC: The Sewing Place (seam binding); Gelly Roll (glitter pen)
Are you getting tired of Christmas cards yet? Yeah, me neither! ;-)
~Cynthia
1 comment:
love this, cynthia! great seam binding ribbon:)
Post a Comment