Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amber Waves of Thanksgiving


Amber Waves of Thanksgiving
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I've said this before and I'm about to say it again....I LOVE THIS STAMP. =D

I don't know what it is about wheat, but I love any decorative item with wheat on it. And stamps too. I probably have 4 or 5 wheat or wheat-looking stamps. And an embossing folder. And about 15 or so different designer papers with wheat on it. And I've already posted some of my wheat embossing stencil cards.

So pretty much all of my Thanksgiving cards have wheat on them.

Yay!

I used a two Distress Inks for this card. I stamped it fully with Scattered Straw, then tapped it randomly with American Honey...I mean Wild Honey. (Do you know that song by Lady Antebellum? I love those guys and always call that ink American Honey pretty much because the song gets stuck in my head! LOL!)

I stamped it several times, without inking, and then once again after I re-inked.

I used the textured side of a piece of off-white cardstock. I also stamped the sentiment (Walnut Stain Ink) on the same color of cardstock, but I ran the edges across the ink pad to give it a border.

I did the same thing on another piece of cardstock, stamped Happy Thanksgiving and adhered it on the inside. I layered everything on a kraft cardblank.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (off-white cardstock); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Stampabilties (We Give Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving); Hero Arts (wheat stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


Thanks for stopping in today! Make some time to create!!

~Cynthia

No comments: