
Christmas Postage
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Yet another experimental card.
I guess being semi-new to all the card making stuff, I can claim that as an excuse for how funky some of my creations turn out.
You know...like this one! =D
I had just bought a new color of Tattered Angels, and so overly sprayed a kraft cardblank with it that the card headed in that "hmmm, NOW what?" direction. It's a deep red color so I was kind of limited in what other colors I thought would look good.
I chose red cardstock and some funky Graphic 45 paper. I distressed the Graphic 45 a little, but the whole thing needed something.
I remembered a tutorial of sorts on how to make faux postage stamps. Simply cut a small square or rectangle, then use a regular hole punch along the edge to make the little 'tear-apart' edges. (I'm sure there's a scientific word for that, but I hope you know what I mean!)
I stamped a tiny tree, the 'be merry' sentiment and a 25 for the postage. Then I distressed the edges with a bit of ink (Antique Linen).
I like the postage stamp--I think that came out really cute.
The rest of the card...not so much.
I suppose I could save it somewhat by adding an image or something to the center panel.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red and cream cardstock); Graphic 45 (Botanicabella Collection--Secret Garden); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Tree (unknown dollar stamp); Penny Black (Crystalline set); JustRite Stamps (numbers set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pine Needles, Antique Linen, Black Soot); Tattered Angels (Brick)
ETC: hole punch; Glue Glider Pro; Making Memories (paper distresser)
I've spent a lot of time in the studio the past few days and I really do have some cute cards made! ;-) Thanks for stopping by to check this one out.
~Cynthia
1 comment:
love that you made your own stamp-so creative!
Post a Comment