Friday, November 26, 2010

Winter's Ice


Winter's Ice
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I like the icy feel of this card! And the layers! And the snowflakes! And the colors!

My foundation was an icy white cardblank.

Next up is a layer of icy white cardstock which was embossed with snowflakes. I inked up the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

Then a layer of icy blue cardstock is layered on the snowflakes.

I stamped snowflakes with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on another layer of icy white cardstock

The top layer (sentiment) is a tag of icy blue cardstock, stamped with more Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

With so many layers of ice, it's like an ice storm!! ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (blue and white cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: StampCraft (Single Snowflake); Penny Black (Crystalline set--Merry Christmas sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Snowflake embossing folder); McGill Word Punch; Glue Glider Pro


I've spent the past few days working on a new (for me, anyway!) project called December Daily, a concept developed by Ali Edwards. The idea is to have a journal/scrapbook put together by November so you can journal the days of December leading up to Christmas. There are all sorts of things you can do, but Ali has spots for tickets, receipts, photos, recipes, etc. I decided to make mine more like an Advent journal. I have a page for each day of advent (well, I have 12 days finished so far!!) with space for comments on what I'm learning through my Advent devotional. I love anything that helps me focus on the REAL meaning of Christmas: Emanuel, God With Us. :-)

Thanks for stopping in and having a look around!

~Cynthia

No comments: