
CASE'ing Paper
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
i had a piece of BoBunny Christmas paper laying on my desk, and I thought....that would be SO COOL as a card!
So I CASE'd the designer paper.
And as with everything I attempt to duplicate, this turned out nothing like the original, so I don't think I'll have any copyright infringement problems. Ha ha ha.
This is kind of an involved card, but not hard at all.
I die cut the ornaments, ran them through an embossing folder, then highlighted the swirls with gold ink. Part of the die cut is the ornament top--the hook holder part--and I colored those with a gold paint pen.
I grabbed a piece of cream cardstock and stamped the pine bough stamp twice, once upright and then again at an angle. I stamped the pine cone image, then stamped a different pine cone and cut it out, attaching it using 3D Dots to pop it up.
I added berries using Stickles. Then I distressed the edges with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I also brushed Forest Moss Distress Ink in the lower left corner, to create a look of fullness.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment near the top. I think I should have placed that nearer the bottom, but I kind of like the clean and simple look with all the white (cream?) space.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red and cream cardstock); The Paper Studio (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (Holly Berry set); Inkadinkado (pine cone #90810); Inkadinkado (Jesus #93160)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss); ColorBox (gold pigment ink)
ETC: Distress Stickles (Xmas Red); Cuttlebug (Divine Swirls Embossing Folder); QuicKutz (ornament die cut); Zig (gold paint pen)
Inspiration: BoBunny designer paper (Noel Holly)
Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you find time to be creative! :-)
~Cynthia
1 comment:
when i case someone-it totally doesn't look anything like the original case:) this is lovely, cynthia!
Post a Comment