Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Butterfly: Invasion or Obsession?

I thought today was going to be better than Monday...and then I clicked on Flickr. If you use Flickr, you are in for one rude surprise :-(

They updated it and then hid everything.

But the sun is shining and here's a cool card and I promise to stop whining.

I got the idea from this card over on Catered Crop's Pinterest page. The crafter used FABRIC to make one seriously cool apple!

I used a snippet of lovely paper instead.

And no sewing.

Heh.

Pretty simple (if you don't sew and don't use fabric!) I just die cut the butterfly, corrugated a piece of kraft paper and then layered everything.

I used a Picket Fence Distress Marker to make the faux stitches around the butterfly.



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (kraft and cream cardstock); Recollections (cream card blank); unknown snippet
Stamp: Endless Creations (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain); Distress Marker (Picket Fence)
ETC: Fiskars (corrugating thing); Recollections (tiny pearls for butterfly body); lots of Glue Glider Pro



Over on Moorea Seal's blog, a list project is going on. Moorea gives us a prompt and we list as many things as we can think up. This week's is "List Your Summer Goals." One of my goals is to do a better job of blogging.

There.

I said it out loud.

Now I *HAVE* to do it!! ;-)


Thanks so much for dropping by!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's some bright, pretty paper behind that butterfly cutout! Love your "faux" stitching! Much easier than actual sewing!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

A brilliant card .. .. bright and beautiful.

You should skip along with it to the Snippet Playground that I play in .. .. they are a lovely bunch of folk there .. .. you will have great fun!!

Hope you have a good day today.

Love Jules xx

farmhouse-story said...

"then they hid everything"--you crack me up! love the card, cynthia!

The Nonna said...

OK... obsession with butterflies is perfectly reasonable and I should know because I definitely have one too. Also, I gotta go buy me a butterfly die so I can scraplift the heck out of you! (But I promise it won't hurt!)