I saw this card by Michelle over on The Card Grotto blog and knew I had to CASE it! Love her balloon!!
**(Note to self: BUY A BALLOON DIE CUT OR PUNCH!!!)**
I die cut the rectangle and adhered the patterned paper behind it. Then I punched the butterfly out of some paper I had practiced spraying Heidi Swapp's Color Shine on--such a gorgeous teal color!
I drew the butterfly trail by hand. And dang it, I'm OK with it. ;-)
I stamped the sentiment, then cut the banner shape out of white cardstock--the same CS I used for the large panel.
The banner is popped up a bit using Pop Dots.
Super fast to make. Now the ideas are forming! I noticed a kite die cut in my LSS that I might have to snag!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); GinaK (white cardstock); snippet (unknown pattern paper--might be BoBunny)
Stamp: Hampton Arts (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Nestabilities (rectangle die cut); Marvy-Uchida (square punch to make banner tails); American Crafts (Pigment Pro for butterfly trail); Heidi Swapp Color Shine (teal); EK Success (3D Pop Dots)
I tried to make this card manly, as it's headed to the husband of a friend of mine. I'm not sure it's all that masculine, but at least the butterfly isn't PINK!! =D
Happy weekend, y'all!!
~Cynthia
**(Note to self: BUY A BALLOON DIE CUT OR PUNCH!!!)**
I die cut the rectangle and adhered the patterned paper behind it. Then I punched the butterfly out of some paper I had practiced spraying Heidi Swapp's Color Shine on--such a gorgeous teal color!
I drew the butterfly trail by hand. And dang it, I'm OK with it. ;-)
I stamped the sentiment, then cut the banner shape out of white cardstock--the same CS I used for the large panel.
The banner is popped up a bit using Pop Dots.
Super fast to make. Now the ideas are forming! I noticed a kite die cut in my LSS that I might have to snag!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank); GinaK (white cardstock); snippet (unknown pattern paper--might be BoBunny)
Stamp: Hampton Arts (sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Nestabilities (rectangle die cut); Marvy-Uchida (square punch to make banner tails); American Crafts (Pigment Pro for butterfly trail); Heidi Swapp Color Shine (teal); EK Success (3D Pop Dots)
I tried to make this card manly, as it's headed to the husband of a friend of mine. I'm not sure it's all that masculine, but at least the butterfly isn't PINK!! =D
Happy weekend, y'all!!
~Cynthia

2 comments:
The butterfly is beautiful, especially against that patterned paper! And look at you freehanding the trail! You go girl!
Hi Cynthia
This one is bright and beautiful .. .. love what you have done here.
Great dimension .. .. and your own personal butterfly trial too!! Super special.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment