Monday, May 13, 2013

Kayak Part Deux

Kayak Part Deux by HikerCynthia
Kayak Part Deux, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Back during National Scrapbooking Week, I made a page with some photos of an unknown guy kayaking. There were actually two guys running the "rapids" that day and these photos are of the first guy.

One of new products over at Studio Calico is cork stickers with images stamped on them.

So...I can make that.

And I did!

I had purchased a sheet of sticky-backed cork and shoved it on a shelf. Sadly, there it sat.

Until I saw the cork stickers and fell in love!

I used Tim Holtz's Distress Paint to stamp the letters and small shapes.

Seriously. FUN.

A few words of advice though...solid images work better than intricate or thin-lined images.

And the Distress Paints work really, really well. Better than Distress Ink or Distress Pens...which, um....never dry on cork. :-0 The Paint dries quickly, especially with a heat gun.

And darker colors of Distress Paint work better than lighter ones. Fired Brick and Black Soot rock. The blues are awesome. Mustard Stain and Rusty Hinge...not so much.

I punched all these shapes with Marvy-Uchida punches. Punch like buttah.



Happy crafty week!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Your post made me smile and in my head I re-titled it to be "the unknown guy" .. .. oooo ... a mystery!! I wonder who he is?!?! LOL!!

Great action shots and a fabby layout as always.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Who woulda thought you could punch cork with a regular punch! Hmmm. Think I need to go shopping! The page is great!