Challenge #24.
The.
Very.
Last.
One.
Wow.
This final challenge over on Shimelle's blog is to "scrap a milestone!"
I guess I had better explain why there's a photo of a river on this page, eh?
April began my sixth year here in my current city in South Carolina. I've only lived longer in one other place.
Milestone.
I celebrated an important birthday here.
Milestone.
I went back to college for a second degree.
Milestone.
My oldest niece started college.
Milestone.
It's been 30 years since I became a believer in Jesus Christ.
Milestone.
In each of the places I've lived, there has always been water nearby...an ocean, a lake, a pond, a stream. And that's true of this city as well.
It's been the one constant.
In an odd way, the lakes and rivers have become measuring devices. Symbols of moving forward, of moving on in my life, of life moving on, of life moving forward.
This river *is* my milestone.
Thank you so much for joining me for Shimelle's challenges!!
~Cynthia
The.
Very.
Last.
One.
Wow.
This final challenge over on Shimelle's blog is to "scrap a milestone!"
I guess I had better explain why there's a photo of a river on this page, eh?
April began my sixth year here in my current city in South Carolina. I've only lived longer in one other place.
Milestone.
I celebrated an important birthday here.
Milestone.
I went back to college for a second degree.
Milestone.
My oldest niece started college.
Milestone.
It's been 30 years since I became a believer in Jesus Christ.
Milestone.
In each of the places I've lived, there has always been water nearby...an ocean, a lake, a pond, a stream. And that's true of this city as well.
It's been the one constant.
In an odd way, the lakes and rivers have become measuring devices. Symbols of moving forward, of moving on in my life, of life moving on, of life moving forward.
This river *is* my milestone.
Thank you so much for joining me for Shimelle's challenges!!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
Lovely thoughts! Thanks for sharing them!
Hi Cynthia
Great milestones .. .. I certainly think scrapbook pages make you think more deeply than cardmaking.
Yesterday I only imagined cute little mice foating around in a soapdish in my bath (not real ones I hasten to add) .. .. but you thought of all these wonderful mildestones!
Enjoy your day.
Love Jules xx
beautiful post, and congrats on the college thing! how lucky you are to have water throughout your life--i wish i could live near water, just once!
first, with all these beaches I'd rather live with you next to this beautiful place. second, you take the best ever photos of life around you. third, I love this layout! fourth, that you chose the river as a marker of your milestone is so very creative!, fifth, congratulations on getting them done! and last but certainly not least, you just rock!!!!
Post a Comment