
Welcome to my junky Junque Journal!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
So...I was surfing around one day and found this thing called a Junque Journal. Basically, you take all your junk mail and crafting scraps and stick it all together to make this beautifully junky journal.
Well, I'm not too sure about the beautiful part, but this is what happened when I spent WAY too much time on LA Dispatch's site, Remains of the Day.
As I was going through Sunday's paper after church, I found a paper bag from Office Max. You know, the kind where you stuff everything you can fit in the bag and you get 20% off.
Whatev. It looked like a journal-in-waiting to me.
So I cut it up, sewed junk...I mean repurposed scraps and envelopes and maps onto the paperbag pages and VOILA! A super-cool, funky, junky, Junque Journal was born!!!
I had no troubles with my sewing machine either. It zipped like buttah through those paper pages! I also found a bookbinding site and used a tutorial to hand sew/bind the pages together. (I think it was called a Coptic stitch binding thing-a-ma-jig. Ahem. Shows ya how much I paid attention!)
Anyway, the journal has lots of places for journaling and hiding stuff and posting stuff and adhering stuff. I liked the experience because it was rather freeing, artistically. No rules, just stick stuff where you want it. No color combos needed. I didn't have to go by anything (or go BUY anything either!) I just raided my stash for scraps I would probably not use on any other project.
In other words...FUN.
~Cynthia ;-)
1 comment:
awesome journal from recycled stuff! love all the stitching, cynthia-have a great weekend!
Post a Comment