
Easter Sunrise
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Finally! Enough sun to take a decent picture!! Hooray!!
This is the first in a line of Easter cards I will be making. I got this idea from...as usual lately...the Less is More blog site. I borrowed the idea from crafters such as KatheD, ShirelyAnne, Ikki, and especially Viv, among many who participated in the latest challenge. (Thanks, ladies!!)
I kind of like it. It reminds me of a display at a Pier One store. A shot of color behind some funky dried branches. =D
The only thing I DON'T like about the card is the size of the sentiment. That's the only Easter word stamp I had up until yesterday, so I won't be yelling my greetings in future cards. Yay!
Super simple to make. I pressed a clear square stamp block on a rainbow-type ink pad to get the blend of colors and stamped it directly on the cardblank. Then I stamped the branches and added the Easter sentiment, both in black ink.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Delicate Branches); Hampton Arts (Easter)
Ink: Big and Juicy (Vibrant Primary); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
ETC: Clear stamp block
Looks like another dreary, rainy day here. Can't complain because we do need the rain, but I'll have to avoid taking pictures! I hope you have a great, *creative*, weekend!!! =D
~Cynthia
1 comment:
oh, yesterday, i watched a youtube video on the block of color stamping and tried a few--love your color combo, well, love the whole card!
i will be "missing in action" for awhile, but will catch up on your blog late next week:)
Post a Comment