Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Less Is More unless you CASE somebody!


Less Is More unless you CASE somebody!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

This card is for the Less Is More challenge

(make a masculine card),

but I wasn't going to play along

(I'm having too much fun in my art journals)

until I saw this great card

(I really enjoy CASE'ing others' cards)

over on Stamping With Klass

(Bonnie Klass' blog)

where she used Stampin Up's Pocket Silhouettes

(love that little set!)

to create a masculine-ly brown birthday card

(now why didn't *I* think of using those stamps like that!)

and decided to make one too!

(Alas, the sun was out this morning, but was it when I finished the card and got ready to take a picture of it?? No, no it was NOT.)



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (brown and kraft cardstock); Pop*Tone (Hot Fudge Designer Plain Cards)
Stamps: Stampin Up (Pocket Silhouettes); Hero Arts (Classic Messages)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro; ScorBuddy


I love how my take on it doesn't really look like Bonnie's, but she really did make a beautiful card and I was so inspired by it! THANKS BONNIE!! =D


~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

love the torn edges--i have a give away on my blog this week, if you are interested:)