
Shamrock card
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Here's another St. Patrick's Day card.
First I punched out 3 hearts and cut a thin stem. I used two different ink pads and pounced the color on, which made a cool textural effect.
I die cut the oval and stamped the sentiment, then inked the edges. (I know I looks like an ivory oval on a white background, but in real life they are both ivory. Weird.)
I adhered the stem first and the shamrock leaves over the stem.
It's a little plain, I think, but it works! ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Springhill (Vellum Bristol ivory); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamp: Hampton Arts/Studio G
Inks: VersaColor (Green Tea); Studio G (green ink #VP006)
ETC: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Petite Ovals Large); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
And that's it from here. The sun is shining and I think I'll go for a hike later this afternoon! Have a great day!!!
~Cynthia
1 comment:
adorable, cynthia:) i looked at your card on flickr, and i really like the added added to the shamrock--i wouldn't have thought to do that and it adds a lot of dimension!
Post a Comment