Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another manly birthday card


Another manly birthday card
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I'm still making cards along the guidelines of the Less Is More challenge this week (make a masculine, clean and simple card.)

The idea for my card sprang from several different cards posted by cardmakers for the Less is More challenge.

I stamped the main plant image, then stamped it two more times without re-inking. I used a sticky note along the bottom of the card so the plant stems wouldn't show up below the strip of green cardstock. Finally, I stamped Happy Birthday on the far right of the strip, which actually shows up very well in real life. :-)


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green cardstock); The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Great Impressions (#G304, plant); Hero Arts (Classic Messages, sentiment)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Forest Moss)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


I'm off to do a little yard work before it gets too hot to stand around in the sun! ;-) I hope you find time to be crafty today!!

~Cynthia

No comments: