Monday, March 28, 2011

Purple layers


Purple layers
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I was hanging out on LateBlossom's Simplity blog and she (Susan Raihala) mentioned a design tip using colors and layers. The card is made of a lighter color, the first little layer is cut from a darker shade of the card color, then the top layer is white. This gives cohesiveness to the card and provides visual interest. So I decided to give it a try on this card.

I stamped the cake image and the birthday sentiment on white cardstock using Dusty Concord Distress Ink, which matched the darker piece of cardstock. I used a Spica pen to add a bit of sparkle to the cake and the cake stand.

I think a smaller image and smaller layer pieces might have been a better idea, but I think this card is fine.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (white, lavender and purple cardstock)
Stamps: Studio 18 (#IG66871, birthday cake); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro, Spica glitter pen


Monday is housework day around here and I hope to get it all done so I can PLAY in the craft studio later! Guess that means I'd better get a move-on, eh? ;-)

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

love your cake stamp, cynthia! makes a pretty card:)