So here we are.
The end of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas....
Once again, I had to improvise (aka "Go MacGyver") because I didn't have *many* of the items Sir Tim used. That's OK. It's all about the inspiration and not the copying for me! ;-)
I cut another manilla tag down to the 2x4 size I've been using. (And then I forgot to cut the corners off! Ha ha!)
First I stamped script across the whole tag, then I covered it with Picket Fence Distress Stain. I found some 7Gypsies (I think) printed tissue paper and adhered that, wrinkling it as I went.
And then, yes, I got out my iron and ironing board. It took me a small amount of time to locate said iron. I never iron anything! ;-) I ironed the tissue paper/glue sandwich to speed up the drying time and flatten the wrinkles down.
Next I covered the tag with Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles. How I love Rock Candy Distress Stickles! I brushed a bit of Snow Cap Acrylic Paint on the edges of the tag, brushing it along the wrinkles and the Stickles, distressed the edges and then brushed Brushed Corduroy along the sides.
While that was drying, I die cut the dove from Grungepaper and embossed it, then painted it with Pewter acrylic paint, sanded it, brushed it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and spread more Rock Candy Distress Stickles on it. When that was dry I took a toothpick and more Walnut Stain and stained the eye.
(Stained the eye?? Ohhh, you know what I mean!)
I cut up one of the remaining Kraft Glassine leaves (from previous tags) to more of a holly leaf shape, then adhered that and the dove over it like the bird is carrying the holly leaf....instead of an olive branch.
I made Tim's Dresden paper out of: glossy cardstock, more of that cool silver metal duct tape stuff, and a border die cut. I glued that along the bottom of the tag.
And lastly I typed out "Peace on Earth" with an actual typewriter on stiff paper (woot for typewriters!) and distressed the words. I adhered those too.
After it had completely dried, I saw Tim had put some cool Stickles dots along the edge so I went back and put a few lines of dots near the top left corner.
I think this tag looks the LEAST like Tim's creation than all the other tags!! I had to keep mine more 2-D than 3-D because of the little December Daily pockets where they reside. That meant I had to skip the flowers and the fractured doll. This is just fine with me because I think my tag is more Christmasy than Tim's! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Manilla tag, Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Grungepaper and Kraft Glassine); 7Gypsies (tissue paper); Springhill (Vellum Bristol Cover paper)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (#8347 script stamp)
Inks: Stazon (Black(; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy)
Colorants: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Picket Fence); Jacquard Lumiere (Pewter acrylic paint); Adirondack (Snow Cap acrylic paint); Ranger (Copper Stickles); Adirondack (Alcohol Inks for the Glassine leaf)
Adhesives: Scotch Quick-dry Adhesive; Ranger (Glossy Accents)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Dove die cut); Making Memories (paper distresser); Tyco (Nashua Tape--the metal duct tape); MFT (Die-namics border die cut); Ranger (Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles)
And with that...we leave Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. I guess now I'll have to go back to getting my housework done in a more timely fashion.
Heh.
Thanks so much for all of your comments on the tags! I had fun and learned so much making them. =D
~Cynthia
The end of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas....
Once again, I had to improvise (aka "Go MacGyver") because I didn't have *many* of the items Sir Tim used. That's OK. It's all about the inspiration and not the copying for me! ;-)
I cut another manilla tag down to the 2x4 size I've been using. (And then I forgot to cut the corners off! Ha ha!)
First I stamped script across the whole tag, then I covered it with Picket Fence Distress Stain. I found some 7Gypsies (I think) printed tissue paper and adhered that, wrinkling it as I went.
And then, yes, I got out my iron and ironing board. It took me a small amount of time to locate said iron. I never iron anything! ;-) I ironed the tissue paper/glue sandwich to speed up the drying time and flatten the wrinkles down.
Next I covered the tag with Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles. How I love Rock Candy Distress Stickles! I brushed a bit of Snow Cap Acrylic Paint on the edges of the tag, brushing it along the wrinkles and the Stickles, distressed the edges and then brushed Brushed Corduroy along the sides.
While that was drying, I die cut the dove from Grungepaper and embossed it, then painted it with Pewter acrylic paint, sanded it, brushed it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and spread more Rock Candy Distress Stickles on it. When that was dry I took a toothpick and more Walnut Stain and stained the eye.
(Stained the eye?? Ohhh, you know what I mean!)
I cut up one of the remaining Kraft Glassine leaves (from previous tags) to more of a holly leaf shape, then adhered that and the dove over it like the bird is carrying the holly leaf....instead of an olive branch.
I made Tim's Dresden paper out of: glossy cardstock, more of that cool silver metal duct tape stuff, and a border die cut. I glued that along the bottom of the tag.
And lastly I typed out "Peace on Earth" with an actual typewriter on stiff paper (woot for typewriters!) and distressed the words. I adhered those too.
After it had completely dried, I saw Tim had put some cool Stickles dots along the edge so I went back and put a few lines of dots near the top left corner.
I think this tag looks the LEAST like Tim's creation than all the other tags!! I had to keep mine more 2-D than 3-D because of the little December Daily pockets where they reside. That meant I had to skip the flowers and the fractured doll. This is just fine with me because I think my tag is more Christmasy than Tim's! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Manilla tag, Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Grungepaper and Kraft Glassine); 7Gypsies (tissue paper); Springhill (Vellum Bristol Cover paper)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (#8347 script stamp)
Inks: Stazon (Black(; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy)
Colorants: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Picket Fence); Jacquard Lumiere (Pewter acrylic paint); Adirondack (Snow Cap acrylic paint); Ranger (Copper Stickles); Adirondack (Alcohol Inks for the Glassine leaf)
Adhesives: Scotch Quick-dry Adhesive; Ranger (Glossy Accents)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Dove die cut); Making Memories (paper distresser); Tyco (Nashua Tape--the metal duct tape); MFT (Die-namics border die cut); Ranger (Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles)
And with that...we leave Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. I guess now I'll have to go back to getting my housework done in a more timely fashion.
Heh.
Thanks so much for all of your comments on the tags! I had fun and learned so much making them. =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
your dove has a neat look--grungy and embossed--i really love the look of it!
you did a great job, cynthia! working with limited supplies is always a challenge, but you rocked it:)
Last time I used an iron was to melt plastic bags and I joked that it was as domesticated as I get. Not even sure I know where it is...Love today's tag!
Those are some fancy tags Cynthia! They're a present in themselves!
Post a Comment